We have a variety of options for everyone’s needs and budget, contact us and our team of national experts will assist you in selecting the best stormshelter for your home.
Basic Storm Shelters consist of these standard features:
- Metal shelter with heavy duty channel iron bracing.
- Prepackaged magnesium anodes. Each shelter receives the required number of these anodes for cathodic protection against corrosion. These anodes add many years to the already long life expectancy of our shelters.
- Double exterior coatings for flawless moisture protection.
- Interior is primed, painted and carpeted.
- Turbine vent keeps fresh air circulating through the shelter. Each vent has insect screens.
- We install four (4) heavy duty hinges and four (4) heavy duty latches on door.
- Door also has lift cylinders to make it easy to lift and lower.
- The top of our storm shelters are approximately 2’ below ground.
- Door opening is approximately 30” X 70”.
- Regular steps with removable handrail.
- Inlets for electrical lines, cable, telephone lines, etc.
- Hooks on ceiling to hang lanterns, lights, etc.
Options that we offer with our Storm Shelters:
- Underground, walk-in security vaults. These vaults can be built into our Storm and Fallout Shelters. The vault can be added to any shelter 10’ or longer. The door going into the vault is made of heavy gauge steel. The door has a heavy duty, hardened steel and a deadbolt lock which can only be opened with your key. The door can be opened from inside the vault without a key in case you accidentally lock yourself in. These vaults can protect you and your valuables. Millions of people lose their valuables to burglars each year. You don’t have to be one of them. Please call us if you have any questions.
- Hydraulic jack. A safety option that we can install is a hydraulic jack rated at eight (8) tons which will lift the door in excess of 20 inches. This will keep you from being trapped inside by a fallen tree or debris being blown on top of the shelter.
- Fold up beds. These beds fold against the wall when they are not being used. When folded, the bed takes up approximately eight (8) inches of space against the side wall. We can install one bed in an 8’ long shelter, and up to five (5) beds in a 20’ long shelter.
- Handrail. A small, sturdy outside handrail can be added as well.
- Two doors. We will build your storm shelter with two sets of steps and two doors for extra. This is most commonly done where one door is inside a home or building and the other door opens to the outside.
- Emergency door. We will build a small emergency door or trap door with no steps.
- Safety windows. You have the option of seeing out or closing the heavy gauge metal shutter over the window without having to go outside the shelter. We would have to add a small emergency escape hatch to mount the windows in our underground shelters.
Fill out the form below to get more information