Prepper Acronyms have been around a long time. It doesn’t matter weather your are familiar with the terms or you are taking the proper steps to better understand the environment. Knowing what they mean will only and make the educational process better.
- BOB – Bug out Bag – This is a pack that is put together prior to an event that would cause one to vacate a home or place rapidly. You grab this pack that should be able to sustain you for at least 48-72 hrs.
- SHTF – Shit Hits The Fan – A term we have all heard describing a crisis situation. Example could a natural disaster like a tsunami or a terrorist attack domestic or foreign.
- EMP – Electromagnetic Pulse – (EMP) is an intense burst of electromagnetic (EM) energy caused by an abrupt, rapid acceleration of charged particles, usually electron s. An EMP can contain energy components over a large part of the EM spectrum , from very-low-frequency ( VLF ) radio to ultraviolet ( UV ) wavelength s.
- TEOTWAWKI – The End Of The World As We Know It – Where everything we know and everything we are accustom to no longer exists.
- BOV – Bug Out Vehicle – Just like the BOB but the vehicle we take when we are getting out of town due to a crisis event.
- BOL – Bug Out Location – This is a meet location for when SHTH. It can be a temporary place to regroup or a long term place to stay.
- MRE – Meal Ready to Eat – Common in the military. A must have in all BOB situations, SHTF, and TEOTWAWKI.
- WROL – Without Rule of Law – Normal Civil Law has broken down. Marshall Law has been enforced or Anarchy has taken over.
- MSM – Mainstream Media – This is the major news network. The ones that do not promote actual news they simple just push an agenda.
- YOYO – You’re on Your Own – The situation you may find yourself in one day where you can not trust anyone.
There are a number of other prepper acronyms out there, but this a down and dirty quick list for your reference.